bwm-ng (Bandwidth Monitor NG)Bandwidth Monitor NG is a small and simple console-based live network and disk io bandwidth monitor for Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and others.
It is licensed under GPL2.
- supports /proc/net/dev, netstat, getifaddr, sysctl, kstat, /proc/diskstats /proc/partitions, IOKit, devstat and libstatgrab
- unlimited number of interfaces/devices supported
- interfaces/devices are added or removed dynamically from list
- white-/blacklist of interfaces/devices
- output of KB/s, Kb/s, packets, errors, average, max and total sum
- output in curses, plain console, CSV or HTML
- curses2 output, a nice bar chart
- disk input for bsd/macosx/linux/solaris
- win32 network bandwidth support
- moved to autotools
- alot fixes
InfoThis was influenced by the old bwm util written by Barney (email@example.com) which had some issues with faster interfaces and was very simple. Since i had almost all code done anyway for other projects, i decided to create my own version.
I actually dont know if netstat input is usefull at all. I saw this elsewhere, so i added it. Its target is "netstat 1.42 (2001-04-15)" linux or Free/Open/netBSD. If there are other formats i would be happy to add them.
For info about libstatgrab please refer to http://www.i-scream.org/libstatgrab/
network routines sucessfully tested on:
Linux 2.4*, Linux 2.6*
FreeBSD 4.8, 5.3, 6.2*
MacOS X 10.1 and above*
Solaris 10 x86*
SunOS 5.9 sparc Solaris 9
OpenBSD 3.4, 3.6, 4.0*
NetBSD 1.6.1, 2.0, 3.0*
Win2000, WinXP, Windows Vista
*disk monitoring working aswell
please email me of working or not working platforms. Disk IO might work only on a limited number of platforms.
Downloadcurrent version: bwm-ng-0.6.tar.gz (changelog)
debian etch/sid: apt-get install bwm-ng (http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/bwm-ng)
gentoo: emerge bwm-ng (http://packages.gentoo.org/ebuilds/?bwm-ng-0.5)
ubuntu: apt-get install bwm-ng (http://packages.ubuntu.com/breezy/net/bwm-ng)
sourcemage: cast bwm-ng (http://codex.sourcemage.org/test/net/bwm-ng/)
red-hat: http://dag.wieers.com/packages/bwm-ng/ (or bwm-ng.spec)
fc: http://fedoraproject.org/extras/5/i386/repodata/repoview/bwm-ng-0-0.5-6.f c5.html
Windows Binary: bwm-ng-0.6.zip
Precompiled Sun Solaris Sparc Package
you can find it aswell in FreeBSD and OpenBSD ports.
if you know more, please report them. thanks
svn checkout (cvs will not be used anymore!):
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bwmng/trunk bwm-ng